FWP Meets for New Wolf Proposals – Montana Outdoor Update
The Montana Fish Wildlife and Parks recently had a rendezvous in Helena about what to do this year with the Wolf hunting in the state.
According to montanaoutdoor.com “With a healthy wolf population we can offer additional opportunities to harvest a wolf while comfortably maintaining the base population and genetic diversity that is important to the long term health and management of the species,” said Ken McDonald, FWP wildlife bureau chief in Helena.
Public meetings are scheduled for public comment. If you feel the need to speak up about anything you may disagree on.
Public information meetings are set for 7-9 p.m. at these locations:
- May 22—Missoula—Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown at the Park
- May 22—Bozeman—Holiday Inn; 5 E Baxter Ln.
- May 22—Great Falls—FWP Region 4 Office; 4600 Giant Springs Rd.
- May 22—Billings—FWP Region 5 Office; 2300 Lake Elmo Dr.
- June 13—Kalispell—Flathead Valley Community College; 777 Grandview Dr.
The public may also comment in writing through June 25 to: FWP – Wildlife Bureau, Attn: Public Comment; P.O. Box 200701; Helena, MT 59620-0701. For questions, call the FWP Wildlife Bureau at 406-444-2612.”