Hellgate Rollergirls ISO New Head Coach
Missoula's Hellgate Rollergirls have wrapped up their 2015 season and are in search of a new head coach for 2016.
Here's the job description:
• Coordinate the delegation of responsibilities to the team captains, bench manager and other team officials
• Select game roster in conjunction with team captains for approx. 10 game, home and away season
• Communicate individual and team progress with Training Committee and team captains
• Plan and implement pre-game preparation and communication with team
• Design the practice plans in consultation with Training Committee (if no prior derby experience, team members will assist coaching until the team is ready for Head Coach to take over)
• Establish rules for the team and oversee the supervision of the players
• Ensure all team members uphold the rules and regulations of the Women’s Flat Track Derby Association (WFTDA)
• Unpaid, volunteer position, compensation in the form of tickets and travel stipend negotiable.
• Coaching OR athletic background (Roller Derby /skating background/ experience a plus)
• Strong interest in researching and watching the sport and staying up to date with latest strategies and plays
• Strong interest and commitment to athlete development
• Ability to communicate well and work with fellow coaching personnel
• Ability to effectively communicate on-skate and off-skate requirements to players
• Availability to travel to away games (approx 4-5 games per season in the inland Northwest including WY, OR, WA, ID, MT)
Think you're enough of a badass for this position? Here's how to apply.
Please send an e-mail detailing your previous experience(s) and your motivation to be a roller derby coach to firstname.lastname@example.org. Coach selection is done by team vote per organizational bylaws. Please contact us directly or check out our Facebook page and/or website (hellgaterollergirls.com) for further information about our 2015 schedule. Thank you for your interest in Hellgate Roller Derby, a non-profit 501c3!