Missoula Easter Egg Hunts 2012
Here are the hunts we know about so far, if you know of any that we’re missing, please email email@example.com so we can add it to our list.
1) Townsquare Media/96.3 The Blaze Easter Treat Hunt: Bring the whole family for a day of fun! Saturday, April 7, 2012 at the Missoula County Fairgrounds. The Easter egg hunt itself will start at 11 a.m., but there will be lots of other activities before and after the “main” event:
Face painting by Melisa Sparks 10:30-Noon
Montana Clown Works clown 10:30-Noon
A bounce house
Photos by Jamie Lynn and J_Willis Photography
Dr. Kyle Hayes from Lambert Family Chiropractic will be setting up a table to help out the adults.
Red from Red Robin will be there 10:30-Noon
Slash from the Maulers will be there 10:30-Noon
Registered Herefords with calves from Roy Handly
Miniature cows from Roy Miller
Pigs and chickens provided by Missoula County Fairgrounds
20,000 eggs stuffed by Stage Works Productions
The Carousel for Missoula will have coupons, and one lucky child in each age group will win a year-long season pass to the carousel
2) Join River City Church for their annual Easter Service! Along with the usual casual atmosphere, upbeat music and relevant teaching, they”ll also be teaming up with Mismo Gymnastics to provide an exciting Easter experience your kids will love!
River City Church & Mismo Gymnastics Easter Event
River City Church – 1900 W Broadway
3) Free Easter egg hunt sponsored by Relay for Life. There will be raffle items, prizes, fun, and food! Come join the fun and show your support for Relay for Life and the American Cancer Society!
Head Start Playground – 1001 Worden
Easter Egg Hunt 1:00 PM Head Start Playground
4) The University of Montana Oval will be transformed from a grassy lawn to a sea of colorful eggs and candy on Saturday, April 7 when UM hosts the 12th annual Missoula Easter Eggstravaganza. Children ages 9 and under are invited to bring their baskets and search for thousands of eggs packed with Easter treats during western Montana’s largest egg hunt, which gets under way when the Main Hall bell tolls 1 p.m. The event is free and open to the public, and Mountain Line will provide free bus rides all day.
5) The Missoula Phoenix 2012 season opener is set for Saturday April 7th at 6pm against the Bitterroot Blaze. The Phoenix will also be hosting their second annual Easter Egg Hunt with 20,000 EGGS at 5pm. Both are FREE so come on down and have a great afternoon at Rollin Field! Remember that there is a full concession stand full of hot food, candy, nachos, water, soda and beer! Let’s go Phoenix!!!
6) Sentinel Kiwanis Easter Egg Hunt
Saturday, April 07, 2012
10:00 am – 10:30 am
And now, 10 Sketchy Easter Bunnies
They might seem cute, fuzzy and fake in the eyes of someone with a college education and an unpaid mortgage, but Easter terrors are clearly harboring some kind of evil that only children can smell. The blog, Sketchy Bunnies, has been compiling the worst wabbits ever to grace the pages of a family’s photo album. These are the sketchiest of the sketchy.
1. The Sketchy Bunny From the Island of Dr. Moreau
It’s hard to know exactly what the kid was going for with this bunny outfit or even the purpose of his costume. Was he trying to create a human-rabbit hybrid for a class science project? Did he make it for his part in his school’s production of ‘The Mutant Rabbit-Man Who Ate Cleveland?’ Even scarier, perhaps it’s not a costume.
2. The Sketchy Bunny That Will Eat Your Soul If You Don’t Get Back to Work
There is a reason that office parties are so awkward and creepy. The participants are already shackled together like oarsmen on a Roman galley and throwing cake into the mix just feels like a measly pittance being thrown as scraps to the lower decks. Hiring someone to dress like the bunny from your nightmares just feels like some creepy omen about corporate downsizing.
3. The Sketchy Bunny Without Any Eyes That Watches You While You Sleep
We’re not sure if dreaming about being chased by monsters that don’t have eyes has some deeper meaning. If something like this showed up in our heads while we’re trying to get our eight hours, we’d be maxing out our credit card at our friendly neighborhood therapist’s office.
4. The Sketchy Bunny That Will Take Your Kid and Force Liam Neeson to Find It and Kill It
We’re not sure exactly why this poor girl’s parents thought an “abduction motif” would make for a memorable Easter photo. Then again, it is memorable but it’s not something we’d fondly remember over an Easter Sunday dinner with our parents when we’re grown up, married and carrying a few kids of our own.
5. The Sketchy Bunny That’s Edible and Wants to Eat You
Chocolate bunnies normally don’t inspire fear. The very worst feeling they produce is guilt for wanting to put them inside your tummy. This one, however, makes us weep for all the delicious brethren we’ve digested from our very first Easter.
6. The Sketch Bunny That Can Always See What You’re Doing
There was always something a little creepy about Santa Claus, the giant old man who “sees you when you’re sleeping” and “knows if you’ve been bad or good.” We always imagined he had his own CIA-style organization that kept tabs on all the world’s children or used his elves to sneak into homes and schools and plants devices on us for his Christmas list. Even that hair-raising scenario isn’t as frightening as the images that leap to mind after viewing this photo.
7. The Sketchy Bunny That’s Mad at You and Will Never Accept You
People might think of bunnies as being all nice, sweet and innocent, but even they can have a dark side. We’re not sure what gave this sour bunny a permanent sour-puss, but something tells us it’s all our fault.
8. The Sketchy Bunny Carrying the Curse of Having No Eyelids
It’s clear this bunny doesn’t have the necessary organs and muscles to see or speak anything beyond a low, creepy groan. Even though we can’t confirm that information with just a photo, something tells us our minds would fill in the blanks for us if we first saw this creature in person.
9. The Sketchy Bunny That’s Appearing in Rob Zombie’s Next Film
This is one of those images that we can still see, even if we try and shut it out of our mind. If you can’t understand why this horror of Easter isn’t completely terrifying, you’re either dead inside or have a picture like this framed somewhere in your house. Either way, we pity you.
10. The Sketchy Bunny That’s Very, Very Lonely
Who knows the story that led to this photo? Was it a rejected picture for an eHarmony profile? Were they trying to impress their boss at Petco? Frankly, we don’t know and we’d prefer that it stay that way.
By: Danny Gallagher