Looking to get out and enjoy the break from the hot temperatures? If you are looking to do a little fishing, hear where the fishing a biting across the state. Courtesy of our friends at the Montana Outdoor Radio Show.
August 3rd Summaries
Angela Montana from MontanaOutdoor.Com talks about the Website and scouting out mule deer this weekend.
– Bill from Rock Creek Marina says Ft Peck is still pretty hot for Northern, and guys are limiting out on walleyes.
– Brett French Outdoor editor of the Billings Gazette talks about the possible new state record Catfish.
– Chancy at Snappy’s says the weather cooled of and bait shore fishing has picked up
– Clint Thomas from Hellcreek Marina talks about the new State record Catfish.
– Dallas at Highline Cleaners in Chester says last week’s walleye derby team winner was from Ennis.
– Dale from Don’s in Lewistown says the wild weather hasn’t slowed down the fishing, and AckleyLake is producing rainbows.
– Gene Fincher the Happy Hooker reports on the 15th Annual Mack Attack and Jig Fest. For more information call Gene at (406) 261-6445
– John Harris from Lakeside Resort in Trout Creek says pike, perch, walleye and bass are biting.
– Mary Beth Kibler of Kibler Outfitting reports on last weekend Kids Tournament with Walleye’s Unlimited.
– Rob at Ronan Sports and Western says the smallmouth bass is starting to pick up in the Lower Flathead River as well Northern Pike.
– Robert from Malta Marine says the fishing on Nelson has slowed up, so you just need to go a little deeper.
– Ron Aashiem of Montana FWP says surplus licenses for deer, elk, and antelope go on sale Monday at 5am August 5th. For more on this year’s results, you can go to fwp.mt.gov.
– Ron Bogs of Oneway Marina knows boats and has an unusual boat test drive on Hauser Reservoir.
– Ryan Corwin talks about the 10th Annual Shooters Saturday at Deer Creek August 3rd.
– Ryan from Bob Wards says the Upper Big Horn in Bozeman and the Upper Madison both have afternoon angling restrictions. In Helena terrestrials are recommended for dry fly fishing.
– Tammy from Northwest Sports in Eureka says they are Celebrated their 12 year anniversary this past week end, and the kokannee were hitting best at 40-45 ft with wedding rings with a pink maggot.
Shelby from Rocky Mountain Supply in Dillon says the Beaverhead is fishing well.
– Trevor Johnson from Kit’s tackle reports on his Teams Win of the Hellcreek Tournament on Ft Peck.