Obituary Announce ‘10,000 Ways to Die’ Live Album, Unleash New Track ‘Loathe’
Subscribe to 96.3 The Blaze on
Death metal legends Obituary have unleashed a brand new single, “Loathe,” and announced the release of a new live album, 10,000 Ways to Die.
For over 30 years, Obituary have pummeled fans with unrelenting brutality. From death metal’s primordial ooze in Tampa, Fla., Obituary have managed to crank out nine studio albums and two EPs, but just one live album in 1998’s Dead. Obituary are well overdue for a live record, so 10,000 Ways to Die is set to drop Oct. 21 via Relapse Records.
To keep excitement at a zenith for the live album, Obituary will include two new tracks to kick off its track listing — “Loathe” (which can be heard above) and “Ten Thousand Ways to Die.” Obituary’s new concert offering will bring 11 live cuts recorded from gigs all across North America.
“We are very excited about the live songs that we recorded on this last US Tour,” Obituary write. “Joe Cincotta from Full Force Studio is also our live sound engineer and he had his full recording rig on the road with us so we took advantage of the opportunity and recorded the show every night. The quality was amazing so we decided to include this as part of the 10,000 Ways to Die release to give the fans a little Ob bonus! We selected songs from different cities so you will hear the sound difference between each song. Nothing was done to the songs after the live performance recording so it gives you the real, true, unedited ‘live show’ sound and feeling that the fans experienced at each show.”
Obituary are planning to release their 10th studio album in spring 2017. In the meantime, fans in Europe can catch Obituary on tour with Exodus this fall. Pre-order 10,000 Ways to Die at the official Relapse website and check out the art and track listing below.
Obituary, 10,000 Ways To Die Album Art
Obituary, 10,000 Ways To Die Track Listing:
2. Ten Thousand Ways To Die
3. Redneck Stomp (Live – The Mayan – Los Angeles)
4. Centuries Of Lies (Live – The Masquerade – Atlanta)
5. Visions In My Head (Live – Baltimore Soundstage – Baltimore)
6. Intoxicated (Live – Revolution Center – Boise)
7. Bloodsoaked (Live – Irving Plaza – New York)
8. Dying (Live – Metro – Chicago)
9. Find The Arise (Live – Opera House – Toronto)
10. Til Death (Live – House Of Blues – San Diego)
11. Don’t Care (Live – Club Red – Phoenix)
12. Chopped In Half-Turned Inside Out (Live – The Ritz Ybor – Tampa)
13. Slowly We Rot (Live – Revolution Live – Fort Lauderdale)
Top 25 Extreme Metal Albums of All Time