Police have arrested a 17-year-old juvenile who is a suspect in a shooting near a Missoula High School that occurred more than a month ago. Police Public Information Officer Travis Welsh says the young man was arrested Tuesday afternoon up in Missoula’s South Hills.

“Approximately 1:55 p.m. today, August 8, Dylan Conat was taken into custody," Welsh said. "If you recall, Mr. Conat was related to the shooting incident that took place at Sentinel High School on June 24th, and there had been a warrant out for his arrest now for several weeks. Following new leads on his movements detectives learned that Conat was currently located at an apartment in the 2300 block of 55th street."

Two males, ages 16 and 17 were shot outside the Sentinel High School Gymnasium in June and a gun was found. Welsh says no weapon was involved when police confronted Conat this week.

“Surveillance was established and Mr. Conat was taken into custody without incident, thankfully, when he was observed leaving the residence on foot," Welsh said. "There is no information about a weapon at the time of his arrest. There are still unanswered questions and we have those questions and we are certainly looking for answers.”

Because he is a juvenile, photographs of Conat have not been released. The two young men who were gunned down were not from Missoula. One was shot in the face and has had difficulty relaying what happened, the other, was shot in the chest and claims Conat robbed them and asked them about drugs before shooting.