Why Dave Grohl is My Hero
January 14th is my Christmas, the day my hero and savior was born. Let me be the first to wish you a Merry Grohlmas on this special holiday. Like any holiday, we celebrate with a special Dave Grohl inspired dinner. Egg rolls (because we refer to them as “Dave Grohls”), a variety of Dave’s favorite cheeses and his favorite Japanese beer. Fun fact: he loves Japanese beer but does not like Japanese porn because he feels that the people don’t look like they’re having any fun.
I have a difficult time writing anything about my hero, as I have way too much to say. But here are a very few reasons why Grohl is my God.
- He likes costumes.
- He’s genuine and honest.
- He’s very quotable.
- He’s effing HILARIOUS.
- He’s a brilliant song writer and performer.
- He loves side projects: movies, documentaries, funny videos, collaborating with other artists, side bands.
- He didn’t use his Nirvana fame to launch Foo Fighters. In fact, he used the name Foo Fighters to give the impression that it was a new band with several members, even though at the time, he played all instruments.
- He’s an awesome dad to his daughters.
- He can speak while he whistles. Amazing party trick.
- Studio 606. This is my place of worship.
- He’s called “The Nicest Man in Rock” and it’s TRUE.
- Even the biggest of the big rock stars adore him.
- The passion he poured into the making of “Back and Forth” and “Sound City”.
- He used to use one of his Grammy’s as a bedroom door stop.
- He was arrested in 2000 for “drink driving” in Australia…on a moped.
- When his hometown named an alley after him, he actually showed up for the ceremony.
- The song title “Hey Johnny Park” has nothing to do with the song, he just called it that because Johnny Park was his childhood buddy who he hadn’t seen in a long time.
- His rad t-shirt collection.
- He’s not afraid to admit to enjoying bands that are not rock, he owns it.
- He ate his birthday lunch today at…Denny’s.
My two favorite Grohl videos that are not Everlong.
LONG LIVE GROHL \m/