Big Game Recipes for The Big Game – Montana Bacon Bombs
It is almost here. The Super Bowl is coming this Sunday, and that means we got some cooking to do.
This Sunday is possibly one of the biggest food holidays of the year. Okay, it is not an "official" holiday. But, it ranks in the top 5 for my favorite days to chow down on some grub. Thankfully, the "holiday" follows hunting season, and there is usually a surplus of wild game in the freezer. That is why I like to utilize the wild game and incorporate it into as many dishes as I can for the upcoming game.
Regardless of what animal you bagged this past Fall, one of the most popular meats that wild game gets processed into is hamburger. It is one of the most versatile wild game items in your freezer. The possibilities are endless when it comes to what you can do with wild game burger. When it comes to entertaining guests and whipping up some snacks, bust out the burger and bacon. Venison bacon bombs will easily be more popular than poppers and wings at your Super Bowl party.
What you will need:
1 pound wild game hamburger
1/4 cup diced red onion
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 Tbs garlic powder
1 Tbs pepper
1 Tbs smoked paprika
1 Tsp chili powder
1/2 Tsp cumin
1 Lb of bacon cut in half
1 cup barbecue sauce
What you need to do:
1. Preheat the grill, smoker, or oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients minus the bacon and BBQ sauce. Once combined, roll into 1-inch round meatballs.
3. Wrap each meatball in bacon, and sprinkle with paprika.
4. Place on the grill and brush with BBQ sauce. Cook for 5-10 minutes or until the bacon is crispy and the meatball reads 155 degrees.
5. Remove from heat and brush with BBQ sauce again.