Everything You Need To Know About Missoula’s Amazing Sport’s Bars
While scrolling the Missoula sub-reddit I'm frequently running across questions about Missoula sports bars. Here is a handy rundown all in one place.
It might seem like it at first, but Missoula actually has a great selection of sports bars. Each one of them has their unique pro's and con's. You might just be a die hard Montana Griz fan, or you're new to Missoula and you are looking for somewhere to watch soccer, we've got you covered. Here's a handy list.
- Press Box: This is the ground zero for Grizzly athletics. Conveniently located just across from Washington Grizzly Stadium on Broadway ( 835 E Broadway St, Missoula, MT 59802). When there is a home football game it's wall to wall fans. Outside of Griz season they have a huge layout with more than enough TV's with NHL, NBA, NFL, MLB, UFC and nearly any other major sport/network for you. They have a huge menu, space to book parties, gaming, and even a liquor store.
- The Silver Slipper: This is the hometown favorite. Located a bit off the beaten path on the other side of town (4055 US-93, Missoula, MT 59804) the "Slip" has it all. You'll always run into a group of great Missoula regulars, and plenty of tv's with plenty of options. They host a full bar, gaming, a liquor store, great menu, and even live poker!
- Katie O'Keefe's: I feel like Missoula is sleeping on Katie's. They do claim to be "Missoula's Best Kept Secret". From the outside of the building (2100 Stephens Ave, Missoula, MT 59801) it looks like just a regular little bar in a strip mall, but oh no. As soon as you walk in and look downstairs, you'll be blown away. This place is HUGE! And as far as I know, they are the only bar in town that hosts simulcast horse racing.
- The Meagher Bar: The Meagher (pronounced "Mar Bar") is a bit more upscale and maybe not considered a full on "sports bar". They have a higher end menu both for food and cocktails, but if you are a hockey or soccer fan, this is your go to spot. During the world cup you better get a seat early. Don't forget about Beer Bingo on Wednesdays too! They are easily located downtown at130 W Pine St, Missoula, MT 59802
- Desperado's: Despo's is another local favorite because they keep it simple. If you're looking for cold beer, sport's and Missoula's unofficial "favorite wings" joint, you know its Depso's. Find them at 3101 Russell St
- Buffalo Wild Wings: What can I say. They have a ton of sports and a lot of chicken wings. It's great for that end of town (2615 Radio Way, Missoula, MT 59808) especially since the departure of HOOTERS.
I suggest following these bars social media outlets for updates on special event nights like UFC, playoffs, holidays and more.