Mike Shinoda to Play 2018 Summer Sonic Solo, Plus News on Rock on the Range, Senses Fail + More
In addition to the big stories we covered today, Wire-to-Wire provides you with some of the other key rock and metal news items from Feb. 1, 2018:
- Linkin Park's Mike Shinoda has booked a solo date as part of one of Japan's major summer concert events. The singer will be joining Nine Inch Nails, Nickelback, Queens of the Stone Age, Greta Van Fleet, Mastodon, Beck, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds and many more at Summer Sonic, Aug. 18 and 19 at Zozomarine Stadium & Makuhari Messe in Tokyo, Japan and the Maishima Sonic Park in Osaka, Japan. Get more info here.
- Rock on the Range is more than just music and the festival organizers have revealed the comedians taking part in the Rock on the Range Rolling Rock Comedy Tent. JB Smoove, Trae Crowder, Big Jay Oakerson, Taylor Tomlinson, Yannis Papas, Tim Dillon, Jason Banks, Jake Innario, Zach Martina, Bill Squire, Chad Zumock, Tom Dustin and Jay Armstrong will all perform during the Rock on the Range weekend, taking place May 18-20 at Columbus, Ohio's MAPFRE Stadium. Get more details and ticketing info here.
- Senses Fail have dropped another new song ahead of their If There Is Light, It Will Find You album. Take a listen to "New Jersey Makes, The World Takes," which just premiered at Alt Press.
- Former Exodus vocalist Rob Dukes continues to roll out new Fragile Mortals music. Watch the video for the chaotic new song "Disaster" right here.
- The Bronx have booked dates in late March and April in the Western U.S. and Canada. No Parents will join in the run. Dates can be found here.
- Austrian post black metal outfit Harakiri for the Sky have debuted their new song, "Stillborn," from the upcoming album Arson, due Feb. 16. Take a listen to the track here.
- The Ghost Inside's Andrew Tkaczyk has a new project on the side called One Decade. According to an Instagram posting, the debut EP, Coma Visions, will be released "soon."