Mount Sentinel Closed for Guns n’ Roses Concert
Bad news if you had planned to hike to the 'M' to take a gander at the Guns n' Roses concert this Friday, Mount Sentinel will be closed.
According to KPAX and Missoula's Assistant Fire Chief, Gordy Hughes, Mount Sentinel will be closed for 24 hours starting Friday and re-opening Saturday, due to Stage II fire restrictions. The U of M is working with the Fire Department to close the 'M' hiking trail, trails from the fire road, Pattee Canyon Drive, and Kim Williams, along with open spaces on the mountain from 8 a.m. Friday to 8 a.m. Saturday. The area will be patrolled to let people know and to hand out tickets to those who trespass.
You can still see and hear the show for free though with our Paradise City Lounge give away! The package includes:
- Two tickets to the show
- Free parking
- Invitation to pre-show Paradise City Lounge with hot and cold hors d'oeuvres, beer, wine, and cocktails! (2 free drink tickets included) Plus, a photo booth set up, DJ, and more!
- Official Guns n' Roses Paradise City Lounge laminate
- Limited edition Guns n' Roses VIP gift pack
- VIP commemorative concert ticket (would make a great framer!)
- Early entry into the venue
- Pre-show early access to the merch booth
- Dedicated VIP check-in location
- Photo opportunity in front of the VIP backdrop to commemorate your night
- VIP Concierge team on-site
To enter to win, simply use your 96.3 The Blaze app to send us a photo of what you consider to be a "paradise" spot in our paradise city of Missoula. Way open to interpretation. Could be your bed, a special meditation spot in Greenough Park, the place where you first met the love of your life, your house, your business, your man cave, whatever is paradise to YOU. And here's the thing, the more photos you send, the more entries you gain into the drawing.
Entries will be accepted until Thursday, August 12th at noon, with a winner announced on air at 2 p.m. and contacted by phone.