Montana has finally legalized recreational Marijuana use. Now, just because it's legal, it doesn't exactly mean it's not dangerous. Yes, you can in fact overdose on THC just like two Billings teens.

Have you heard of Dabs? Most of you have, sure, but for the newbies read on. Dabs are basically super concentrated liquid, resin-like masses of THC. Also known as wax, honey butter, budder, or hash oil. These super concentrates contain between 40-80% higher levels of THC than a high-grade THC strain of regular marijuana (, and yes they can be dangerous.

Marijuana use is definitely on the rise in Montana teens and nationwide.  Get this. cites the NIDA, 2017 Monitoring the Future Survey--which says "In 2017, 22.9% of high school seniors used marijuana in the past 30 days compared with 9.7% who smoked cigarettes."

It was reported by NBC Montana recently that two teens at West High School in Billings overdosed on Dabs and had to be taken to the hospital. The school even implemented a "soft lockdown" when the incident arose. Most students interviewed at the school were very unaware that you could overdose on THC, or were even unaware of what Dabs were.

So what happens when you ingest too much THC? It's not fun, or what you would see in the movies. Effects can include increased heart rate, paranoia, anxiety, hallucinations, raised blood pressure, and panic attacks.

NBC Montana also reported that both teens were medically treated and one was released to their guardian.

Dabs are usually reserved for people with an extremely high THC tolerance. For more facts about Marijuana concentrates and the dangers of use, check out this handy guide.

The 14 Best Places in Missoula to Take Visitors From Out of Town

We asked locals where they like to bring visitors when they take a trip out to Missoula - and here's what they came up with.

More From 96.3 The Blaze