Yup. 6″ of Mountain Snow Possible Near Georgetown Lake
Cool, rainy weather for the Gallatin Valley is actually evolving into several inches of snow, west of Anaconda in the mountains near Georgetown Lake.
According to the National Weather Service:
- WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO NOON MONDAY ABOVE 6500 FEET.
- WHAT...Snow expected above 6500 feet.
- Total snow accumulations of up to two inches. Locally higher amounts possible with 6 inches of snow possible above 7500 feet.
- WHERE...Bannock Pass, Highway 28 Tendoy to Lone Pine, Lemhi Pass, Highway 93 Sula to Lost Trail Pass, and Georgetown Lake.
- WHEN...Until noon Monday.
- IMPACTS...Travel could be affected. Slow down and use caution while traveling.
- The latest road conditions can be obtained by calling 5-1-1.