Jim Gaffigan put it best by saying, “Watching cooking shows while you are hungry is like watching porn”. If you have seen the season finale of last seasons South Park (Creme Fresche), you know what I’m talking about. I love to cook, so in anticipation of the upcoming Foo Fighters show I present to you “FOO FRITTERS”
- 3 cups oil for frying
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon shortening, melted
- 1 (12 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- Heat oil in a heavy pot or deep fryer to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Beat together egg, milk, and melted shortening; stir into flour mixture. Mix in the corn kernels.
- Drop fritter batter by spoonfuls into the hot oil, and fry until golden. Drain on paper towels.