Man Spends 10 Days In Burn Unit After iPhone Explodes In His Pocket [Video]
A New York man recently spent 10 days hospitalized in a burn unit because his Apple iPhone 5C exploded in his pocket.
For Erik Johnson, it meant second- and third-degree burns on this inner thigh, WABC-TV reported.
Others have had holes burned in their mattress by iPhones, officials said.
According to an IT expert, the CEO of Angelbeat, the probability of a cell phone exploding is slim, but it can happen. Any amount of damage to the circuit board or the use of third-party chargers can cause cell phone batteries to overheat and spew battery acid from them.
Regardless, beware the secret dangers of exploding cell phones!